Blueberry Peach Coffee Cake
Blueberries and peaches go together beautifully!
1 ¾ cup unsifted flour, divided
1 cup sugar, divided
¼ tsp. grated nutmeg
½ cup melted butter/margarine, divided
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
½ cup milk
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. grated lemon rind
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
3 medium peaches, peeled & thinly sliced (or equivalent canned peaches)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease and flour 9-inch square baking pan.
3. Prepare crumb mixture by combining ½ cup flour, ½ cup sugar , ¼ tsp. nutmeg and ¼ c melted butter.
4. Prepare batter by mixing ½ cup sugar, remaining flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in large bowl. Add remaining melted butter (1/4 cup), egg, milk and lemon rind. Stir until just blended.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan and top with crumb mixture.
6. Gently mix peaches, blueberries and remaining ¼ cup sugar in a bowl.
Spoon evenly over crumb mixture
Bake 45 to 50 minutes.
Serves 6 to 8